Dr. Lawren Durocher
DVM, MS, DACVIM
Dr. Lawren Durocher Babek is an American board–certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist. She spent her internship in Guelph and her residency training at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. She was awarded an ACVIM national research award during her residency for her work in diabetic ketoacidosis in dogs.
After completion of her residency, Dr. Durocher Babek worked in multiple specialty practices in the USA, as well as consulting remotely through the use of telemedicine. She has published multiple scientific articles as well as chapters in national textbooks. She served as a contributing reviewer to the new AAHA guidelines on diabetes management in 2018. She has also completed further education in veterinary palliative and hospice care and is a certified Fear Free Practitioner.
Dr. Durocher Babek is looking forward to continuing VSH Hong Kong’s tradition of excellent patient care. She is passionate about treating her patients as individuals, including the owners in decision making, and ensuring that the entire family is well educated in their pet’s disease processes and prognosis. She believes in a team-oriented approach to patient care, including specialists, general practitioners, and the patient’s family.
Dr. Durocher Babek’s specific areas of interest include hospice and palliative care, long-term management of multiple chronic illnesses, and endocrine disorders such as diabetes and Cushing’s Disease. While not working, Dr. Durocher Babek enjoys spending time with her family, including her two small children, and exploring her new home in Hong Kong.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Health with Highest Honors, University of Georgia, 1996-2000
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine Magna Cum Laude, University of Georgia, 1999-2003
- Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Ontario Veterinary College 2003-2004
- Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, 2004-2007
- Masters Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, 2004-2007