Dr Yi Cui
After graduating from veterinary school at the University of Ghent (Belgium) in 2012, Dr. Yi Cui completed a Rotating Internship Companion Animal at the University of Ghent. Fascinated by internal medicine, she decided to enroll in externships at the Internal Medicine departments of several different universities across Europe. In 2014, Dr. Yi started a Residency of Internal Medicine (Companion Animal) at the University of Giessen (Germany) and became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine – Companion Animal in 2019. Although Dr. Yi enjoys all aspects of Internal Medicine, she has particular interests in endocrinology, gastroenterology, interventional and regenerative medicine. She started a doctoral thesis researching canine tracheal collapse at the University of Giessen (Germany) in 2018.
In the years prior to moving to Hong Kong, Dr. Yi worked as a Supervising Senior Internal Medicine Clinician at the University of Utrecht (the Netherlands) and Bern (Switzerland). She thoroughly enjoys teaching students, interns, and residents, giving talks at national and international congresses, leading and participating in research projects and communicating and discussing cases with referring vets. In 2022 she also started working partially as a freelance Internal Medicine consultant for private vets and clinics, providing tailored diagnostic and treatment plans and continuing professional developments.
Dr. Yi looks forward to working with referring partner veterinarians in Hong Kong as one team to provide optimal care to the patients. To her clients, she is committed to take care of their pets as her own, to listen to their concerns and work together towards the best possible care plan that both improves the life quality of the pets as well as their owners.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in Small Animals,University of Ghent, Department of Veterinary Science (Belgium) 2007-2012
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, University of Ghent, Department of Veterinary Science (Belgium) 2012-2013
- Externships at Internal Medicine departments of Royal Veterinary College (UK), University of Cambridge (UK), University of Glasgow (UK), University of Giessen, Munich and Berlin (Germany) 2013-2014
- Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine University of Giessen, Department of Veterinary Science (Germany) 2014-2018
- Diplomate Internal Medicine ECVIM-CA, EBVS 2019