Dr. Urzsula Bartoszuk
Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology
DVM, PhD, DECVIM-CA (Cardiology), MRCVS
Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Companion Animal (Cardiology)
Hong Kong Registered Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology
Dr. Urszula Bartoszuk graduated from Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland in 2002, after which, she studied for the doctorate at the same university and obtained her PhD a few years later. During that time, she developed a strong interest in the cardiology of small animals and in 2009 obtained the position of cardiology intern at Clinica Veterinaria “Gran Sasso” in Milan, Italy, after which she worked as a cardiologist in Poland.
In 2013, Dr. Urszula Bartoszuk embarked upon her Residency Programme at the Veterinary Cardiology (ECVIM-CA), University of Zurich, Switzerland. After completion of the Residency in 2017, she took up the role of senior medical assistant in small animal cardiology at the University of Zurich. From 2019 until 2021, Dr. Urszula Bartoszuk was senior lecturer in the Department of Small Animals Cardiology at the Small Animals Teaching Hospital, University of Liverpool, UK, where she delivered lectures and participated in related studies and research projects.
During the last several years, Dr. Urszula Bartoszuk has delivered presentations and spoken at many national conferences and workshops related to the cardiology of small animals in Poland, Switzerland und UK. Dr. Urszula Bartoszuk’s particular interest is the clinical work of cardiology and although she enjoys all aspects of small animal cardiology, her particular interest is that of congenital heart disease and electrophysiology.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland 2002
- Doctor of Philosophy - Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland
- Cardiology Internship - Clinica Veterinaria “Gran Sasso”, Italy 2009
- Cardiology Residency - University of Zurich, Switzerland 2013-2017
- Senior Medical Assistant in Small Animal Cardiology - University of Zurich, Switzerland 2017-2019
- Senior Lecturer, Small Animals Teaching Hospital - University of Liverpool, United Kingdom 2019-2021
- Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine – Companion Animal (Cardiology) 2021