VSH Hong Kong provides a variety of sophisticated veterinary imaging and diagnostic services including:
- Digital radiography, including special orthopedic positioning
- Ultrasound, including ultrasound-guided aspirates and biopsies
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Cageside ultrasound for AFAST/TFAST
- Teleradiology and outpatient imaging services
- Special procedures, including:
- Gastrointestinal contrast studies
- Excretory urography
MRI: Siemens 1.5 Tesla Magnet
MRI is useful for imaging the brain, spinal cord, and joints of dogs and cats.
The VSH team, particularly our full-time imaging technician, has extensive training and experience with the use of MRI in small animal patients, plus back-up and support from large imaging and specialty practices in the USA. Small animal patients offer particular challenges because of the wide range of patient size and body confirmation, and all of our standard protocols have been modified to accommodate these ranges.
In addition, our magnet has the TIMs system (Total Imaging Matrix) which allows us to run 3D SPACE imaging, constructing high-resolution multiplanar reconstructions after obtaining images in one plane. This system allows us to decrease patient time in the scanner, which is not only beneficial for the individual patient but also increases the number of patients we can scan per day.
CT: Siemens 16-slice Computed Tomography Scanner
CT is a rapid way to produce high-detail, 3-dimensional images of the head, neck, chest, abdomen, bones and joints of cats and dogs.
Our CT scanner's multi-slice technology allows us to image our patients faster, reducing anesthesia times, permitting acquisition of higher-resolution images and improving our diagnostic capabilities. CT is particularly useful for:
- Improved evaluation of the lungs
- Staging cancer
- Planning advanced cancer surgeries
- Vascular studies
- Evaluation of the urinary tract